Simon Clarke Paediatric Surgeon
Mr Clarke trained in London at Great Ormond street Hospital and Chelsea & Wesminster. He was Associate Professor in the academic unit in Hong Kong and is currently Clinical Lead for Paediatric surgical services at The Chelsea Children’s hospital and the Royal Brompton Hospital. He specialises in both Laparoscopic (keyhole) and open surgical procedures for neonates and children as well simple daycase surgery and more complex procedures for gastro-oesophageal reflux.
Mr Clarke has an interest in training paediatric surgeons and has developed and runs courses both in the simulation of operations as well as minimal access surgical techniques. He is board member on the national training committee for the UK and Ireland
He has been awarded 8 clinical Excellence awards during his 10 years as consultant
In order to book an appointment you will need to click here to fill out the form. We always try to give you the time you have requested but many need to get in touch to arrange a more suitable time.
Take a look at our opening hours to see what times are available. If you have any questions please direct your enquiry to my receptionist by clicking here.
Qualifications & Affiliations
- Fellow of the Royal College Of Surgeons of England ( FRCS 1996)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Paediatric Surgery (FRCS Paed Surg 2004)
- Member of the Specialist Advisory Committee for Training paediatric surgeons in the UK
- Chairman of the Education Committee for the British Assocation of Paediatric Surgeons ( BAPS)
- Executive member of the British Association of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeons (BAPES)
- Chairman of the Clinical guidelines committee for the International Paediatric Endosurgery group (IPEG)
- Course director for annual UK simulation training course
- Course Director for annual Minimal access surgery training course
Appointments can be made through your GP or for private patients by contacting either Mr Clarkes secretary directly or by calling the appointments line directly at your preferred hospital
Get in contact
Private Secretary : Samantha Russell / Claire Farrar
Tel: 0207 042 1787 (9am-5pm) ( out of hours email )
Fax: 0207 042 1788